The Jimi Matthews who’s just quit as the SABC’s acting Group Chief Executive was once a fierce defender of freedom of the press. Particularly in public television where he’d worked for so many years.read more
- Oliver Steinhoff was named the 2016 Collingwood representative for the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Contest
- Do Your Research Before Hiring for Urgent Home Repairs
- GOOD LOVELIES at the Simcoe Street Theatre ~ Thursday, July 28
- Great Job Phoebe
- S-MAGAZINE REACHES NEW MILESTONE AS CANADA’S LARGEST SKI MAGAZINE
- Francine Lizotte ~ Club Foody, Chilled Avocado Soup
- Georgian Bay Regatta ~ Join Us for 4 Days of Competitive and Social Racing on Beautiful Georgian Bay
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre ~ Terrorist Threat Scam, RCMP email fraud Notice to Appear In Court
- 2016 Collingwood Elvis Festival ~ The King of Festivals
- Celebrating Laura’s bachelorette weekend at the amazing Blue Mountain
- Asian Canadian Association Raises Funds for Tharparkar
- World Water Day reminds us not to take clean water for granted
Since my move I’ve discovered so many redundancies in our health and social program systems, that I’ve been shocked to discover how disjointed our Nation truly is.
Many indigenous people refer to the planet as “Mother Earth”, they are not speaking romantically, poetically or metaphorically. They mean it literally. We are of the Earth, every cell in our bodies formed by molecules derived from plants and animals, inflated by water, energized by sunlight captured through photosynthesis and ignited by atmospheric oxygen.
Ayn Rand’s “philosophy” is nearly perfect in its immorality, which makes the size of her audience all the more ominous and symptomatic as we enter a curious new phase in our society….To justify and extol human greed and egotism is to my mind not only immoral, but evil.— Gore Vidal, 1961
Materialistic is described as excessively concerned with physical comforts or the acquisition of material things rather than intellectual, moral, spiritual, or artistic-cultural values, which become impoverished, and the propensity towards adhering to the philosophy of materialism (the theory that regards only tangible or measurable matter as constituting the universe and all its phenomena).
People have adopted habits of spoiled brats. Short of a sharp kick in the ass they are not likely to realize anything on the suggestion of Howard Zinn. [“If people began to realize that change comes from millions of tiny acts that seem totally insignificant, well then, they would not hesitate to take those tiny acts” – Howard Zinn (1922-2010)]Either a few of us take the lead and do the ass kicking (as in spanking the kids)in a humane, acceptable and tolerable fashion or nature would do it the unpleasant and very painful way.
“In the first year that this happens, the open Arctic Ocean state will only last for a few weeks to a month or so,” Paul Beckwith, a climatology and meteorology professor at the University of Ottawa, Canada, told Truthout. “Within a year or two, the open water duration [no sea ice] will last for several months, and within a decade or so the positive feedbacks will likely clear out the Arctic Ocean basin for most of the year.”
It is not our aim to create fear over this Global Catastrophe .
by John Paily for World Daily There is huge scientific debate on climate change as earth is collapsing before our eyes and humanity as a whole is suffering.
Get some One-on-One time.
What else can we expect as we negotiate our abrupt transition in climate to a much warmer world?
In Do You Believe in Magic?
Two month death sentence because the, “benefits of the development did not outweigh the harm to the character and appearance of the countryside”.
30×30 Nature Challenge participants doubled time in nature, increased happiness TORONTO – In May, more than 10,000 Canadians and over 250 workplaces participated in the David Suzuki Foundation’s 30×30 Nature Challenge.